more than $1,500,000
Number of Paid Staff:
51 - 100
Number of Volunteers:
Legal Services, Information & Communications, Human Services, Human Rights
Current Board Size:
3 or fewer
Board Meetings (frequency):
Board Meetings Held:
State where Board Meetings Held:
Local Government Area:
Any further information about this vacancy:
Appointment of an independent member of the Victorian Ombudsman's Audit and Risk Management Committee
The Ombudsman, Deborah Glass, OBE, is pleased to invite expressions of interest for an independent board member of the Victorian Ombudsman's Audit and Risk Management Committee (ARMC).
The Victorian Ombudsman (VO) is an independent officer of the Victorian Parliament who:
- Investigates complaints about state government departments, most statutory authorities and local government;
- Promotes excellence in public administration in Victoria through:
- systemic investigations;
- publication of authoritative reports; and
- engagement with the government sector and the broader community.
ARMC's primary role is to:
- Oversee and advise the Victorian Ombudsman on matters of accountability, risk and internal control.
- Support the Victorian Ombudsman in ensuring accountability, integrity and highest standards for the VO.
- Consider internal and external reports (including from the VO internal auditors and the Victorian Auditor-General's Office (VAGO)) that provide assurance about the integrity of VO's risk management and ﬁnancial processes, systems and reporting.
Experience and Knowledge
- Proven ability to contribute to corporate governance, including previous board experience
- Sound financial management, risk and compliance skills
- A high-level of integrity, fairness and ethics
- Ability to provide support to the Ombudsman and the Executive and act as a sounding board on strategic and sensitive issues
- An understanding of the public sector financial management and governance
Independent members of ARMC cannot be from within the Victorian Ombudsman jurisdiction.
How to apply
Please click the 'Express an Interest' button at the bottom of this advertisement. Applications should include a letter detailing their interest in joining the ARMC and a resume. For enquiries please contact Dr Marija Maher, Chief Operating Officer, Victorian Ombudsman on email@example.com
General Board Member
Area of Expertise Being Sought:
Accounting, Administration & Office Support, Banking & Financial Services, Information & Communication Technology
Nil - honorary role