Learning and Attentional Disorders Society of WA
Number of Paid Staff:
1 - 3
Number of Volunteers:
Mental Health, Human Services, Health
Current Board Size:
Board Meetings (frequency):
Board Meetings Held:
State where Board Meetings Held:
Local Government Area:
Nedlands, City of
Any further information about this vacancy:
LADS is seeking passionate, proactive and purpose driven individuals to build a harmonious and productive board in 2017.
LADS – The Learning and Attentional Disorders Society of WA is the premier support, information and advocacy group for people affected by ADHD in WA. It was established in 1993 and provides a unique service to children, teenagers and adults living with ADHD and associated conditions, their families, partners and teachers.
The key services that LADS provides are:
- A support and information telephone line, staffed by trained volunteers, which supports and advises callers with issues associated with ADHD.
- Support groups for adults and parents affected by ADHD, where participants can find support and information to deal with issues caused by ADHD and associated conditions.
- LADS has always been supported by a Voluntary Professional Advisory Body, comprised of Medical Professionals academics and educators from different fields. Through their support, LADS offers seminars, workshops and conferences throughout the year at reasonable cost, to give people more information on ADHD and treatment options.
- LADS provides reasonably priced access to registered psychologists and ADHD coaches. This one-on-one service assists families, children, adults and couples to learn coping strategies for issues caused by ADHD.
- LADS members have access to an extensive library focused solely on ADHD and related conditions. It allows members to learn coping strategies for ADHD.
- LADS has a growing membership, increasing by 20% in 2016
- LADS maintains an active website and Facebook page, which give users access to accurate and up-to-date information about ADHD. Some information is reserved for members only.
We are lucky to be based in the Niche, 11 Aberdare Rd, Nedlands, WA 6009. This allows us to have a central location, with free parking and well served by buses.
LADS is primarily a volunteer run organisation with a two paid part-time staff members.
Key objectives over the next year include;
- Ensure our funding activities support our organisation objectives,
- Delivering an exciting program of seminars, parenting programs, and webinars
- Advocate on behalf of our community to ensure our community have a voice in the public arena.
Finding skilled and experienced individuals to support staff and volunteers will be integral to achieving these objectives.
- Communicate effectively,
- Maintain a positive outlook,
- Work cooperatively and enjoy being part of a team,
- Have a personal commitment to LADS mission and values,
- Have an ability and willingness to contribute one or more of the following; time, expertise, contacts and influence.
In order to be sustainable, LADS needs a Working Board. Members will have responsibility for a portfolio with annual targets and monthly reporting. The following portfolios are available:
- Membership/ Volunteer Development
- Seminars & Webinars
There has never been a better time to join the LADS Team and make a significant contribution to the ADHD community in Western Australia.
Note: Being a member of LADS is a requirement to formally nominate. If you would like to discuss the next steps please contact LADS on 6457 7544 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Together we can make a difference.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR NOMINATION TO LADS BY 5TH MAY 2017
General Board Member
Area of Expertise Being Sought:
Advertising, Media, Arts & Entertainment, Fundraising, Marketing & Communications