Number of Paid Staff:
1 - 3
Number of Volunteers:
Sport & Recreation
Current Board Size:
Board Meetings (frequency):
Board Meetings Held:
State where Board Meetings Held:
Local Government Area:
Adelaide City Council
Any further information about this vacancy:
Equestrian South Australia (ESA) is the peak body for horse sports in South Australia. ESA is the state body of Equestrian Australia, the controlling body for horse sports in Australia and is affiliated with the Federation Equestrian Internationale (FEI), the controlling body for horse sports world-wide. Equestrian SA also maintains affiliations with relevant Government and Non-Government agencies at the State level.
Equestrian SA is a not-for-profit organisation incorporated under the Associations Incorporations Act of South Australia. It comprises of individual members, affiliated clubs, life members, coaches and Officials. Equestrian SA embraces the eight horse sports of:
- Carriage Driving (An International Sport)
- Dressage (An International and Olympic Sport)
- Eventing (An International and Olympic Sport)
- Show Horse (A National Sport)
- Show Jumping (An International and Olympic Sport)
- Vaulting (An International Sport)
- Interschool (A National School Sport)
- Para Equestrian (An International and Olympic Sport)
The primary objectives of Equestrian SA in accordance with its Constitution is to:
- Be the governing body of Equestrian in South Australia;
- Create a uniform entity through and by which Equestrian in South Australia can be encouraged, conducted, promoted and administered.
- Promote and encourage Equestrian within South Australia and the conduct of Equestrian as an affiliated member of Equestrian Australia;
- Adopt and accept the rules of FEI and abide by the interpretation of such rules as determined from time to time by the Association;
- Act for its Members in all matters pertaining to Equestrian;
- Control, manage and conduct Equestrian competitions at a state level;
- Select and manage Equestrian teams to represent South Australia in national competitions inside and outside South Australia;
- Encourage, conduct, promote, and administer Equestrian throughout South Australia, in a fair and reasonable manner, through and by the Members for the mutual and collective benefit of the Members and Equestrian;
- Act in good faith and loyalty to ensure the maintenance and enhancement of the Association and Equestrian, its standards, quality and reputation for the collective and mutual benefit of the Members and Equestrian;
- Operate with, and promote mutual trust and confidence between the Association and the Members in pursuit of these Purposes;
- At all times to act on behalf of, and in the interests of, the Members and Equestrian;
- Promote the economic and sporting success, strength and stability of the Association and the Members and to act interdependently with each Member in pursuit of these Purposes
About the roles
The ESA Board of Directors comprises up to 9 members with substantial business skills and expertise, drawn from the corporate, private, public and community sectors. The Board members work in a voluntary capacity to provide strategic oversight and governance in line with ESA's mission.
ESA is seeking to fill a casual vacancy with someone with Legal experience.
Expressions of interest are sought from suitably persons with legal qualification and experience seeking a directorship at ESA.
Knowledge of the community and/or equestrian sector is an advantage but not a prerequisite.
The Director will be expected to attend monthly board meetings, to be well prepared and add value to board discussions as well as to contribute to the governance of the association.
All board members are required to be paid members of ESA.
Applicants are asked to address the following criteria:
- Personal details;
- Governance experience as a board member;
- External management skills and experience;
- Government relations, public policy;
- Statement of independence
- Names and contact details of two referees.
How to Apply
Please forward the completed expression of interest form and this Casual Vacancy Form via email to email@example.com by Monday 31st July 2017
General Board Member
Area of Expertise Being Sought: