Consumer Policy Research Centre
Number of Paid Staff:
up to 10
Number of Volunteers:
Public Affairs, Community & Economic Development
Current Board Size:
Board Meetings (frequency):
Board Meetings Held:
State where Board Meetings Held:
Local Government Area:
Melbourne City Council
Any further information about this vacancy:
The Minister for Consumer Affairs, Gaming and Liquor Regulation, the Hon Marlene Kairouz MP, is seeking expressions of interest to fill three Director vacancies on the board of the Consumer Policy Research Centre (CPRC).
This is an exciting opportunity to guide this newly established research centre as it works to enable a diversity of voices to contribute to the development of consumer policy.
The CPRC is responsible for:
- researching and developing policies on consumer protection issues for the public benefit
- monitoring grassroots consumer issues, focusing on issues for disadvantaged consumers, and regional and rural Victorians.
CPRC board members are appointed by the Minister for terms of up to five years.
- Experience in applied research, and/or
- Knowledge and expertise in consumer policy. This is a broad policy area, and candidates with knowledge or experience in one or more issues such as vulnerability and disadvantage, social and economic regulatory practice, and consumer property law are encouraged to apply.
The following skills and attributes would be highly desirable:
- Wise stewardship: Ability to guide the growth of an organisation from its formative phase to create impact and be sustainable (financially and operationally), capacity to mentor and ability to provide counsel and develop leadership.
- Entrepreneurial and strategic capabilities: Business development skills, brokering partnerships, ability to bring to the organisation their networks and garner resources to raise the organisation's profile and standing as thought leaders.
- Governance experience: Experience working in and with boards in environments with diversity, and ability to perform required board functions, such as coordinating reference groups and committees, oversight and risk management, and assessing and allocating grants.
You can download a full position description here.
Applications close midnight 27 August 2017.
General Board Member
Area of Expertise Being Sought:
Government Relations, Public Policy, Research & Development
This is a broad policy area, and candidates with knowledge or experience in one or more issues such as vulnerability and disadvantage, social and economic regulatory practice, and consumer property law are encouraged to apply