Ardoch Youth Foundation
more than $1,500,000
Number of Paid Staff:
11 - 20
Number of Volunteers:
more than 100
Current Board Size:
Board Meetings (frequency):
Board Meetings Held:
State where Board Meetings Held:
Local Government Area:
Melbourne City Council
Any further information about this vacancy:
- Are you passionate about children’s education and potential?
- Do you have strategic fundraising experience?
- Do you want to make a difference to an organisation that receives 93 percent of its funding through fundraising efforts?
- Are you able to commit to up to 10 monthly board meetings and have a willingness to show your deep support to an organisation by participating in selected fundraising or marketing events, making relevant introduction or through regular giving?
Ardoch Youth Foundation is a children’s education charity that provides educational support programs for children living in disadvantaged communities. We have a vision to ensure that every child’s potential is realised through full participation in education, which is articulated in our Strategy 2025. Our mission is to increase engagement in education, build aspirations and enhance learning outcomes of children in disadvantaged communities. Over almost 30 years, we have successfully achieved this mission by mobilising volunteers and partners to build the capacity of schools and early years’ services in these communities, and advocating for and influencing policy change to reduce inequity in education.
This is a voluntary board position.
We are seeking a forward-thinking and motivated individual with strategic fundraising experience and capability to join our board to complement the experience, skills and networks of existing board members.
Your strategic fundraising experience will allow you to:
- play a key role in increasing board education and insights on fundraising issues and support the Board and CEO to ‘ask the right questions’,
- provide advice and guidance on the development and execution of fundraising strategy as required, including board involvement, and
- support the Fundraising and Marketing Team (as needed) to build new networks and connections through relevant introductions as appropriate.
All Ardoch Directors have the following responsibilities:
- Ensuring that they perform the duties and responsibilities of a Director with due care and diligence in compliance with all applicable laws, the Constitution and any specific delegations or policies approved by the Board
- Ensuring Ardoch remains aligned with its Vision, Mission and strategic and financial objectives and delivers programs and projects in line with those aims
- Contributing to the achievement of Ardoch’s strategic plan by supporting and/or overseeing implementation of agreed strategic initiatives
- Participating in various fundraising and marketing events and activities and/or making introductions to relevant networks to enhance Ardoch’s ability to continue to deliver on its operating plans
- Attending monthly (up to 10 per year) Board meetings regularly as well as any additional meetings, such as committee meetings, planning sessions or working group meetings, and following up on commitments made in a timely manner
- Monitoring Ardoch’s organisational and financial performance and execution against the approved annual operational plan and budget
- Maintaining and enhancing Ardoch’s public reputation as a corporate entity by personally being a role model for ethical and professional conduct and monitoring Ardoch’s organisational behaviour
Key Selection Criteria – Essential
- Understanding of and commitment to Ardoch Youth Foundation philosophy and work
- Track record in strategic fundraising at the CEO or Executive level
- An appreciation of the challenges of smaller not-for-profit organisations whose funding sources are non-government
- Demonstrated relationship management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Dynamic personality with the ability to think clearly, originally and laterally, and
- Willingness to bring a genuine spirit of inquiry to issues, a preparedness to challenge the status quo, and the courage to be a catalyst for change within the Board
As Ardoch is a child-safe organisation the successful candidate will be required to obtain satisfactory police and Working with Children checks.
Key Selection Criteria - Desirable
- Technology strategy and implementation experience, especially in relation to integrated fundraising and marketing and social media
- Marketing experience, especially digital, or
- Advocacy strategy development experience, or
- Experience working with schools, early years services and/or educational policy
- Understanding of community development and especially disadvantage and poverty
- Applications from board candidates located outside of Victoria are welcome – board attendance would be virtual via Skype or telephone.
For further information please contact Kylee Bates, Chief Executive Officer on 0448 888 423 or at email@example.com
Applications close: Please send a short cover letter outlining your interest and a summary of your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th August (interviews will take place early September).
General Board Member
Area of Expertise Being Sought: