Australasian Sonographers Association
Any further information about this vacancy:
An opportunity to have a significant impact in advancing the Sonography profession, to ensure communities have access to safe and high quality medical ultrasound services, which are essential to achieving positive healthcare outcomes.
Currently the ASA Board has 2 vacancies for suitably qualified Non Executive Directors.
Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in one or more of the following areas: Finance and accounting, government relations and policy, commercial corporate business experience or IT.
The term is 2 years, with a maximum of 4 consecutive terms. Honorarium and expenses in accordance with the Board's Governance Charter.
About The Organisation
The Australasian Sonographers Association (ASA) is the peak body and leading voice for sonographers and leads our profession in delivering excellence in sonography for the community. With over 5000 members and a financial membership of more than 70% of Australia’s sonographers with a growing base in New Zealand, the ASA has a significant role in supporting and advising the profession on the highest standards to provide the best possible outcomes in ultrasound for patients.
As an Australasian not-for-profit professional association with charitable status, the ASA represents the profession on the myriad of issues within medical ultrasound and the broader healthcare sectors.
The ASA is a self-funded organisation, with membership subscriptions and earnings from sponsorship of continuing professional development activities comprising the majority of income.
• You will have experience as a Non-Executive Director and knowledge of how Boards should operate and govern organisations;
• You will be a graduate of the AICD Company Director course, or similar;
• You will have knowledge of the governance, business and financial context of not-for-profits;
• Experience of one or more of the following areas: Finance and accounting, government relations and policy, commercial corporate business experience or IT;
• Preferred industry experience in the health sector with the ability to oversee compliance and ASA governance matters;
• Ideally you will have experience in one or more of the following–marketing and advertising; business strategy or business development
In addition it is expected that the Non Executive Director will possess the following personal attributes:
• Understand and fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of a director and maintaining knowledge in this regard through professional development
• Putting ASA’s interests before any personal interests
• Transparency in activities and conduct that may provide potential conflict
• Maintaining Board confidentiality
• Effective listener and communicator
• Constructive questioner
• Contributor and team player
• Commitment to the purpose for which ASA has been established and its ongoing success
• Influencer and negotiator
• Critical and innovative thinker
How To Apply
Applications should be forwarded to the Company Secretary via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date 17th December 2017. Candidates are requested to submit a covering letter; a current CV; and responses to the selection criteria.
All applications will be treated with strictest confidentiality. Confidential enquiries can be made to Carolyn Todhunter via email@example.com.
Tailored training programs can also be designed and delivered to meet your needs, location and budget. Learn more