Newport Community Education Centre
Number of Paid Staff:
4 - 10
Number of Volunteers:
5 or fewer
Community & Economic Development, Education, Health, Arts & Culture
Current Board Size:
Board Meetings (frequency):
Every two months
Board Meetings Held:
State where Board Meetings Held:
Local Government Area:
Any further information about this vacancy:
Outlets Co-Operative Neighbourhood House t/a Newport Community Education Centre located at 43 Mason Street, Newport 3015 requires new Committee of Management Board Members to join and support our Non For Profit service.
We are a community based and supported organisation specialising in delivering pre accredited pathway courses, hobby & Recreational classes and offering Occassional Child Care.
We require board members to have an understanding of the following:
- Co-Operative Act & Model Rules
- Understanding Rules and Regulations within a Neighbourhood House setting Eg. Codes of Practice
- Support Director and staff members within the house to maintain correct governance procedures
- Available to attend 6 Board Meetings per Year
- Future training opportunities and proffessional development may apply for the right person
Bring your level of expertise and support your local Neighbourhood House/ Community Centre.
Volunteers is what has made us successfull for over 40 years, so be part of it!
Treasurer, General Board Member
Area of Expertise Being Sought:
Accounting, Administration & Office Support, Advocacy, Banking & Financial Services, Community Specialist, Consulting, Strategy & Development, Government Relations, Grants Administration, Marketing & Communications
Females, Seniors/Retired People, LGBTQI
Nil - honorary role