Kira Community Services
more than $1,500,000
Number of Paid Staff:
51 - 100
Number of Volunteers:
more than 100
Human Services, Shelter & Residential Care
Current Board Size:
Board Meetings (frequency):
Board Meetings Held:
State where Board Meetings Held:
Local Government Area:
Joondalup, City of
Any further information about this vacancy:
Kira Community Services is a WA based not for profit organisation, in the northern corridor of Perth, established for over 25 years.
An industry leader in our field, Kira Community Services supports people with a disability to live meaningful lives within their local communities.
Please note that this is an un-paid voluntary board appointment.
Our Board has a strong base, commercial insight and a conscience.
Our Board is undergoing tranformation, the board is looking to exploit growth.
Our Board members play a vital role in the setting of the strategic direction and guidance of the business in the ever-challenging world of the NDIS.
We are seeking to broaden our knowledge and are looking for people who can bring insight to the business and board in areas of Human Resource Managment, Law, Marketing and Commerical support.
To be considered for this incredible opportunity,
- We're looking for applicants with experience, prepared to get involved, and work.
- A clear understanding of governance
- ICDA (Institute of Community Directors)
- AICD (Australian Institute of Company Directors)
- A strong commitment to social justice and community wellbeing
- An appreciation / understanding of disability services and the challenges that the NDIS brings.
- We are seeking communicators who have confidence to speak up and advocate.
- We are seeking leaders who are willing to share and liaise collaboratively with members of the Board, the CEO, Senior Management and Key Stakeholders.
If you have the resilience, then this may be the opportunity for you.
Please forward your expression of interest, cover letter and/or CV to Kira CEO John Macdonald via firstname.lastname@example.org
General Board Member
Area of Expertise Being Sought:
Advertising, Media, Arts & Entertainment, Advocacy, Change Management, Community Specialist, Consulting, Strategy & Development, Ethics, Fundraising, Government Relations, Grants Administration, Industrial Relations, Information & Communication Technology, Investment, Law & Legal Services, Marketing & Communications, Human Resource Management
People with Disabilities
Nil - honorary role