Moreland Energy Foundation
more than $1,500,000
Number of Paid Staff:
21 - 50
Number of Volunteers:
Sustainable Development, Environment
Current Board Size:
Board Meetings (frequency):
Every two months
Board Meetings Held:
State where Board Meetings Held:
Local Government Area:
Moreland City Council
Any further information about this vacancy:
About The Organisation
The Moreland Energy Foundation Ltd (MEFL) is a not-for-profit organisation, committed to accelerating the energy transition by empowering communities to take action. The future of energy will look radically different to energy today, and so we are working hard to ensure communities play a meaningful part in this transition and no one gets left behind.
Established in 2000 by the Moreland City Council, after the privatisation of the electricity market in Victoria, today we operate nationally as a trusted educator, partner, advisor and service provider.
Our organisation delivers products and services that create, demonstrate and share clear transition pathways to a zero carbon society, and increase energy efficiency and investment in renewable energy in Australia.
Our job is to build partnerships that demonstrate what is possible, to give the right advice, and make sure people have access to the information and technology they need to take action.
Our work is delivered through large scale programs, local council programs, grants, partnerships and directly to the community.
We work across Australia, with offices in Melbourne and Sydney, and whilst our work is focused on Australia’s zero carbon transition we are also recognised as an international leader in the work that we do.
Further growth in the NSW market is anticipated, therefore we are increasing the size of the Board and seeking a Sydney based Director. The role will form part of the Business Sustainability and Risk Committee and will therefore require strong capabilities in finance, risk and business modelling.
- MEFL seeks to appoint an independent non-executive director.
- The role requires attending approximately 8 board meetings (Of which two are full days for strategy and planning) and serving on at least one board committee per year.
- The role may require attendance in monthly conference calls for management/financial reporting and general compliance issues
- We are seeking applications with capabilities in finance, risk and business modelling. Strong relationships with State and Local Governments in NSW is a must
- Knowledge of a director’s responsibilities – includes an understanding of the role as well as the legal, ethical, fiduciary and financial
- Strategic expertise – the ability to review the strategy through constructive questioning and suggestion and contribute to the effective decision making of the board
- Accounting and finance – the ability to read and comprehend the company’s accounts, financial material presented to the board, financial reporting requirements and some understanding of corporate finance
- Legal – the board’s responsibility involves overseeing compliance with numerous laws as well as understanding the individual director’s legal duties and responsibilities
- Risk management – experience in managing areas of major risk to the organisation
- Managing people and achieving change – experience in current management thinking on employment and experience in executive remuneration and compensation
- Engagement – experience in communications and digital, branding, engagement, media, customer centricity in the NFP sector and strategic stakeholder management
- Industry knowledge – experience in similar organisations and/or the energy sector
- Strong relationships with State and Local government and an understanding of the energy sector.
Please send your application to CEO Alison Rowe at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Non Executive Director application by 8 March 2019.
General Board Member
Area of Expertise Being Sought:
Banking & Financial Services, Government Relations
Females, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander, LGBTQI
Reimbursement of expenses