Any further information about this vacancy:
Organisation : Yumaro Ltd
Location : Moruya NSW
Work Type : Company Director
Sector : Disabilities
Work Type : Honorary Board Member
Application Closing Date : 7th April 2019
About the Role
BOARD VACANCY – NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Yumaro is an organization that’s works in the best interests of people with a disability. Our organisation is active in employment services, Home care, Education and Training, Accommodation & Respite services, NDIS Plan Managemeent, Support Co-Ordination and Transport.
Yumaro has 2 key sites
We have a pay role of approx. 160 people over these 2 sites. We have recently built an accommodation complex for approx. 10 people and are going through an expansionary phase across all sectors of the business and services we are active in.
YUMARO is a company limited by guarantee. The Yumaro Board is professional and skills-based. All Directors are firmly committed to the vision, values and purpose of the organisation, while providing a diversity of skills, experience and perspectives. The Board is responsible for the governance and oversight of all aspects of Yumaro operations and for promoting the strength of the organisation. The Board is seeking to make additional appointments to the Board to support effective succession and enhance its skills balance.
As a Non-Executive Director you would be expected to:
Be aligned to the vision, values and purpose of Yumaro
• Actively contribute to the organisation’s strategic direction
• Have the passion and time to commit to Board activities
Have skills and or experience that adds value to the Board and Organisation
• Act within applicable laws, code of conduct for Directors and policies
• Be accountable to Yumaro customers, staff, funding agencies and community for the effectiveness, integrity and viability of the organisation
• Be a positive ambassador for Yumaro and all people with a disability.
• Have a developed understanding of governance roles and responsibilities.
Valuable personal attributes include:
Directors are appointed in accordance with the Yumaro Constitution, typically for a three year term. Retiring directors are eligible for re-election but cannot serve more than 12 years. The position is voluntary but expenses are covered.
The following time commitment is expected:
• An initial investment of time to get to know Yumaro services and customers
• 6 board meetings each year.
Contribution to a Board Committee.
• Occasional participation in major organisational events.
• Attendance at workshops, Board training or other special meetings on occasion.
Applications for this role
For details concerning this role, please contact
Yumaro Pty Ltd
6-8 Shelley Rd,
Moruya NSW 2537
See email and phone number in next section
Tailored training programs can also be designed and delivered to meet your needs, location and budget. Learn more