more than $1,500,000
Number of Paid Staff:
more than 100
Number of Volunteers:
more than 100
Current Board Size:
Board Meetings (frequency):
Board Meetings Held:
State where Board Meetings Held:
Local Government Area:
Any further information about this vacancy:
We seek to create space for young people to develop, grow and be inspired to make a positive impact. To bring this philosophy to life, we have created a Youth Affairs Subcommittee to our Board to bring the important voice of young people to our Governance structure. We welcome applicants frm a diverse range of backgrounds and experience to contribute in a meaningful way to the important work overseen by the Board. We will provide you with an extensive induction and training program, including opportunities for mentoring. This process usually takes approximately six months but we will work alongside you to ensure your development needs are being met.
- YMCA Understanding - demonstrate an understanding of the Y's purpose, vision, goals, objectives and operation for positive participation and effective policy formation.
- Youth Community Involvement - utilise your community interest in youth issues and involvements to build the capacity of the subcommittee to relate to the needs of young people in the community.
- Functional Leadership Experience - demonstrated experience in management/leadership. Alignment with the community development and management principals of the YMCA.
- Recongnition/Image - utilise profile and networks to support the mission and vision of the YMCA.
- Organisational Impact - Subcommittee members have the capacity to add value to polcy development and influence to gain support for the 'Y'.
Youth Affairs Subcommittee Member
Area of Expertise Being Sought:
Accounting, Business, Change Management, Community Specialist, Law & Legal Services
Reimbursement of expenses