Good Governance, Great Results
Full day seminar for prospective & current board/committee of management members, and those who support them
A healthy committee of management or board is integral to the success of any community organisation. This full-day course will help you to understand your legal and practical responsibilities as a committee/board member, and how you can create a more harmonious, more productive and more effective working group.
You will learn:
- Board Basics: focussing on modern governance for community groups, coming to grips with your financial and legal obligations and risk management for community group boards and committees
- Board Building: focussing on the keys to survival (recruitment and succession fundamentals), getting the nuts and bolts of policies and procedures right and developing better sub-committees.
- Better Boards: providing a Health Check for your board: Assessing board effectiveness and individual board member effectiveness and managing the process of change.
- Troubleshooting: transforming dysfunctional Boards and handling personality differences.
- Using the Boards, Committees & Governance Centre: focussing on the free resources available for community groups.
- Australia's best value-for-money training
- Australia's most useful and practical governance training
- Training developed specifically for the community sector context
- Convenient locations - training provided in capital cities and regional
centres throughout Australia and in other locations by arrangement
- Practical governance solutions that can instantly applied in your committee/board
- Associate Membership of the Institute of Community Directors Australia for all course participants
- Engaging, experienced, approachable presenters and highly practical, interactive
Cost: $295 per person
Further Information and registration.
For further information please contact Alan Matic via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or telephone (03) 9320 6805.