Brisbane Youth Radio
Number of Paid Staff:
Number of Volunteers:
Information & Communications, Community & Economic Development, Arts & Culture
Current Board Size:
Board Meetings (frequency):
Board Meetings Held:
State where Board Meetings Held:
Local Government Area:
Brisbane City Council
Any further information about this vacancy:
As Brisbane's Youth Community Radio Broadcaster, we provide opportunities to young people and students seeking experience in the media industry.
Over the years, Brisbane Youth Radio has seen a number of its volunteers go on to both commercial television and radio positions all around the country including with the ABC, Southern Cross Austereo, Nova Entertainment, and Channel 7 to name a few.
We have built partnerships with commercial broadcasters and training institutions, including the University of Southern Queensland, to give our volunteers the ability to move on to commercial positions and seek professional feedback on their work.
We are looking for general board members and a treasurer:
General Board Members
Skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Fundraising and grant applications
- Marketing or Communications
- Radio station management
- Finance or Accounting
- Human resources
- Information technology, and/or website content development
- Well-developed financial management skills, a good knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting practices and have proficiency in using MYOB. Preferably with formal qualifications in accountancy and/or bookkeeping
- Experience in assisting with creating budgets and budget acquittals for grant funding.
- Experience in (or the ability to quickly acquire knowledge of) writing grant applications and sourcing grant funding applicable to BYR.
- Working knowledge of applicable legislation relating to incorporated organisations.
- Willingness to become a BYR member and demonstrate commitment to the aims, objectives and vision of BYR
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team, and a commitment to the ongoing success and financial viability of Brisbane's Youth Radio.
We have regular meetings with the BYR Team, as well as monthly board meetings, which are held in Brisbane. The AGM and annual strategy meetings are also held in Brisbane.
You must hold a Working with Children Clearance (Blue Card) in Queensland or be able to obtain one.
For expressions of interest or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter outlining your interest in either the General Board Member role or the Treasurer role, detailing how your skills and experience align with the opportunity to email@example.com by COB Friday 23rd March 2018.
General Board Member, Treasurer
Area of Expertise Being Sought:
Accounting, Administration & Office Support, Advertising, Media, Arts & Entertainment, Business, Consulting, Strategy & Development, Fundraising, Grants Administration, Information & Communication Technology, Law & Legal Services, Marketing & Communications
Females, Youth/Students, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander, LGBTQI
Nil - honorary role