Number of Paid Staff:
4 - 10
Number of Volunteers:
Human Services, Community & Economic Development
Current Board Size:
Board Meetings (frequency):
Board Meetings Held:
State where Board Meetings Held:
Local Government Area:
City of Unley
Any further information about this vacancy:
Treasurer – Volunteer Board Position
Utilise your passion and expertise to contribute to this progressive not for profit organisation and make a real difference to families and communities in need.
Your new Board role
Your commitment to being responsible for the ongoing management of the financial position of OpenLight (Toc H SA), will enable you to support the modern progression of this well-established NFP organisation. As an experienced financial services professional (CPA or similar) you will utilise your business and financial expertise to support the purpose of our organisation through financial sustainability and general governance.
The treasurer shall
- Recognise and support the mission statement, strategic objectives, and structure of Openlight
- Provide oversight and direction of the financial operations of Openlight in conjunction with the CEO and the appointed accountant and bookkeeper
- Collaborate with the Openlight Board and CEO in the planning and monitoring of each Annual budget – while providing ongoing guidance
- Assist where necessary in the financial planning and management of the annual Audit
- Present the Annual Financial Report to members at the Openlight Annual General Meeting
- Provide broad organisational governance as a member of the Openlight Board of Directors.
Your new organisation
This not for profit charity coordinates community project and programs that strengthen communities including youth camps, respite services and general community programs with a focus on building communities with those in need. In addition to the opportunities this provides service recipients, programs are led by a dedicated network of volunteers and this provides leadership and organisational skills opportunities to this enthusiastic team.
What we can offer you:
- A great progressive Not for Profit that is working to create real value to our community
- An initial 2 year term
- Supportive Board and CEO culture, united by our purpose
- The ability to contribute to organisational strategy development and financial management that will continue to drive the growth of our organisation
What you offer us / your capabilities:
- Strong collaborative skills, the ability to work in a progressive and modern Board structure.
- Understanding of governance principles with previous experience highly regarded.
- Experience managing the finances of an organisation, with experience in a similar not for profit organisation being highly regarded.
- Experience working with vulnerable communities is highly regarded.
- CPA or significant Financial/Accounting experience essential.
- Strong communication and relationship management skills.
Most importantly, you care about working towards providing a service to our communities in need, especially vulnerable youth and their families.
Area of Expertise Being Sought:
Nil - honorary role