The Diploma of Business (Governance) - BSB50715 is designed specifically for not-for-profit board/committee members, and the staff (CEOs and senior staff) who work alongside them.
The Diploma of Business (Governance) - BSB50715 is delivered by Our Community's Institute of Community Directors Australia, on behalf of Federation Training.
Both prospective and current members of boards are eligible for enrolment, though some deep knowledge of a not-for-profit organisation is highly desirable.
To be accepted for enrolment into this course, you must also:
- Have time to read, prepare and reflect on fundamental governance principles
- Have the ability to attend and actively participate in a total of five days of training (three consecutive days + two consecutive days approximately one month later)
- Commit to completing all competency based assessment within twelve months of face-to-face training (expected requirement is five to 10 hours per unit - 12 units)
- Commit to transferring the knowledge gained to the organisation once the course is completed
If you would like to discuss your eligibility. contact us by emailing email@example.com or call (03) 9320 6800.
Course participants will receive:
- iPad mini preloaded with materials, plus access to governance support through the Institute of Community Directors Australia website (The iPad mini is a recommended, though optional, inclusion. Please see Enrolment and Fees for further information)
- A quality learning environment that provides practical outcomes
- Relevant and challenging case studies drawn from the not-for-profit environment
- Exposure to a diverse range of views and approaches to governance, recognising that one size does not fit all
- A program that provides value for all participants regardless of whether they are completely new to a board or have had longer term involvement and experience
- Post-training contact to assist progression with assessment
- Support beyond the Diploma program through support materials, resources and networking opportunities
Participants who successfully complete the requirements of the Diploma of Business (Governance) - BSB50715 - will be eligible to use the post-nominals:
- Dip. Bus. (Gov)
- FICDA (Fellow of the Institute of Community Directors Australia)
People who complete the course (including minimum attendance requirements) but do not submit the assessment, or do not complete the assessment satisfactorily, are still eligible for recognition via the Institute of Community Directors Australia. Such students may, while they remain a financial member of ICDA, use the designation:
- MICDA (Member of the Institute of Community Directors Australia)