Board Builder Conference 2016
"The conference for anyone who sits on, manages, works with or wants to get on a board."
The 2016 conference was held at Moonee Valley Racing Club, Melbourne
Friday, 29 April, 2016
9:15 am - 4:20 pm
Refresh. Renew. Reinvigorate.
Board work means hard graft under difficult conditions.
It also means immense satisfaction and reward when the pay-off comes.
But getting to that point requires renewal along the way. You can't continue the journey if the tank is empty.
The country needs visionary leaders as it's never needed them before. It needs your talent, your time and your commitment, and it needs them for the long haul.
The not-for-profit groups that will remain sustainable and prosper in this environment will be the ones whose governance is efficient, accountable, transparent, responsive, and whose values are clear and bold.
You need to look ahead to see what's coming, and where you're going, and you need to be clear-headed about it. You also need to learn from the people who know what it takes to stay fresh when others are flagging.
DOWNLOAD THE BROCHURE
2016 conference speakers
- Kate Dempsey Kate Dempsey & Associates; not-for-profit leadership expert
- Paul Ronalds CEO, Save The Children
- Bronwyn Baird Founder, B cubed - management accounting services for not-for-profits; Director, Hepburn Wind
- Gerard Reed Company Secretary, Mental Illness Fellowship and Former Director, Doutta Galla Community Health
- Ryk Eksteen Audit Principal, Collins & Co, Certified Practising Accountants with specialised not-for-profit practice
- Natalie Bramble not-for-profit organisational expert and trainer
- Kylie Cirak Director of Membership Experience, Institute of Community Directors Australia, and
- Patrick Moriarty Executive Director, Institute of Community Directors Australia
- Join a community of not-for-profit board members striving for excellence
- Learn about directing your organisation to get things done
- Get started on managing the changes you'll need to make to bring your board's performance up to scratch
- Assess your planning processes against best practice in the not-for-profit sector
- Understand your legal responsibilities, your financial responsibilities and your ethical responsibilities, and how the three interact
- Consult the experts on your organisation's particular problems, and see how your colleagues are dealing with similar issues
- Come away with practical, instantly implementable tips on a range of governance-related topics
Conference Alliance Partners: