Not-for-Profit Health Check
A service of the Not-for-Profit Assist Legal Membership Service
We all know that we should look after our own health, but what about the health of your organisation?
In partnership with the Institute of Community Directors Australia (an Our Community enterprise), Moores is offering Not-for-Profit Assist members access to a Legal Health Check.
How does it work?
A Moores representative will contact your organisation and take you through the following process:
Employment - Staff and volunteers
Work through a variety of questions to help establish the status of your human resources compliance. During this part of the health check we will review your:
- Policies and procedures - have you got appropriate policies in place for both employees and volunteers (for example in relation to harassment, bullying, discrimination and child protection) in order to minimise problems if an issue arises?
- Employment contracts, enterprise agreements and awards - are written contracts in place? Up to date? Is there an enterprise agreement? Are some employees covered by an award?
- Employment records - are you keeping records in accordance with your obligations? do you issue information statements to employees as required under the Fair Work Act?
Governance and charity law issues
This part of the health check will take in your organisation's:
- Governance framework - is your constitution and/or trust deed up to date? Do you have appropriate governance and operational policies in place (e.g. conflict of interest, privacy, financial management)?
- Governance effectiveness - have you got the right people on your board and does it function effectively?
- Reporting - are you complying with your reporting obligations to the relevant authorities, e.g. ASIC, ATO, ACNC, CAV, ABR, shareholders, members?
- Registrations - are you clear on the registrations and licences you need to conduct fundraising campaigns?
- Legal structure - have you got the right legal structure?
The findings of your health check will be analysed by Moores and you will receive a report that will include recommendations for addressing any shortfalls identified, and next steps for board consideration.
For more information, complete the Not-for-Profit Assist Expression of Interest form, or call Moores Legal on (03) 9843 2119 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.