It takes a few minutes.
The impact is for eternity.
56%* of our local emissions are from electricity. That’s why we’ve partnered with Diamond Energy to help you switch to an energy company that supports new renewable energy.
Through this partnership, Diamond Energy will be supporting the Institute of Community Directors Australia (ICDA) to build on our Net Zero Heroes offerings in pursuit of a greener community sector.
Get involved: Switch to a renewable energy company and help friends, family and organisations to switch. This defunds fossil fuel companies, supports new renewable energy, and significantly reduces emissions!
Why Diamond Energy?
They are Australia’s greenest electricity retailer. ICDA has selected Diamond Energy as our preferred electricity retailer for Net Zero Heroes based on the following:
✔ Renewable Energy Credentials
- Diamond Energy is the only 5-star green electricity retailer in Australia’s Green Electricity Guide and has been highly rated by Greenpeace since 2009.
- They own and operate local renewable energy generators with no interest in coal generation.
- They source more electricity from renewable sources than their customers consume.
- They go beyond carbon neutral – from their first customer they have offset most of their everyday carbon emissions^.
- Diamond Energy’s offers are very competitive for residential and community organisation customers with discounts and feed in rates that deliver lower costs than the government regulated reference prices
✔ Supporting your renewables
- Diamond Energy have been highly rated by Greenpeace since 2009 and currently are ranked number 1 – the only company with a five-star rating on the Green Electricity Guide.
- Customers with a smart meter can view their usage data via a MyAccount portal
- They have a selection of innovative products to help you maximise your solar/battery systems including VPP’s.
- Diamond Energy were ranked number 1 in the top 10 energy companies** in Australia 2022 based on customer service, prices and more..
- They are majority Australian owned with a customer support team based in Victoria.
* 56% refers to whole community emissions (residential and commercial and industrial combined), Northern Beaches Council Kinesis Report 2018.
^Independent Letter of Opinion Auditing Diamond Energy’s Renewable Energy and Emission Footprint (2007-21)