Date: 28 Feb 2024
This workshop has been designed to help directors understand their roles and responsibilities as a board member, and how to review and apply the organisation’s constitution.
Full details on what will be covered in this workshop can be found below.
Undertake the roles and responsibilities of a board member
- Working within the structure of the organisation
- Managing competing roles and responsibilities
- Following legal requirements when carrying out board duties
- Monitoring operations
- Receiving and acting on community and stakeholder feedback
- Participating in successful meetings
Review and apply the organisation’s constitution
- Linking the purpose of the organisation to the constitution
- Identifying legislation that can impact on provisions of the constitution
- Formulating and updating the constitution
- Making sure everyone in your organisation understands and uses the constitution
Date: Wednesday, 28 February 2024
Melbourne, Sydney, Hobart, Canberra: 1pm to 4pm
Adelaide: 12.30pm to 3.30pm
Brisbane: 12pm to 3pm
Darwin: 11.30am to 2.30pm
Perth: 10am to 1pm
Location: Online Online (live broadcast only. No recording is available for this session.)
Places for this training are strictly limited. Our online interactive sessions are not recorded. Participants must be available at the live broadcast time.
Institute of Community Directors Australia members: $155 (inc GST)
Non-member price: $220 (inc GST)
Not an ICDA member? Sign up today! ICDA membership is completely free.
What's an online interactive?
ICDA's online interactive sessions are for those who want to attend an online session, with all the joys of meeting in person!
Participants are invited to have their cameras and microphones on and communicate with our ICDA trainer as well as other participants. Be prepared for breakout rooms!
Viewers watch a remote presentation on their own screens at a set broadcast time. Our online interactive sessions are not recorded. You must attend the session at the live broadcast time to participate.